Monday 10 November 2014

Poster Development

Poster Development



 For my background I used the gay flag. This shows that the film's theme is obviously based on a Homosexual story. I acquired this image from an internet resource.

The gay flag is the background to my poster because I have decided to do a twist on the hybrid genre classic, Romeo and Juliet. By instead calling it 'Romeo And Julian'








I designed my title, by free drawing a pre-made font, and changing bits to my specifications. I then scanned my work though a scanner and began editing the title through both photoshop and illustrator. With the help of photoshop i used a tool called colour range, that removed all the white background from the scan that my writing was on.
       Whilst on Adobe illustrator i neatened the roughness on my title, and made it look better and smoother.
I next gathered an image of a photograph frame from an internet source. Through photoshop i then used 'free transform' and i scaled and rotated the photograph frame.
      The reason i chose this specific photo frame is because it looked old fashioned, even though the film i am creating is based in the present day.












 


After that I gathered my models, Rylan and Ashley to act as my main characters for my poster. I prepared a photo-shoot in the studio where I got them to pretend that they were leaning in for a little kiss.
Once I had my digital images I used the program Adobe photoshop to edit the photographs. The techniques I used was Colour Range, Colour Range can be found in the 'select' tab. The colour range technique helps to take away the white screen around the two objects/models. I also scaled the photo so that I would be able to fit nicely inside the frame.














The next step was to remake a white screen in the background to make the image look more like a framed photograph. My original ideas was to make the background of the framed photograph look more authentic by using a sepia filter, however, I struggled to remember how to apply this.

I needed to rotate the white screen background to match up with the photo frame and the two character in the photograph.

I next added a Tagline. It took a lot of thought and planning, using mind maps to develop my tagline ideas. I finally decided a tagline that was suitable for the film, it was decided and the tagline was 'Till Death Do They Part' I opened up Adobe Photoshop and used the text tab to create the Tagline to add to my poster.











My next task was to add the weapon. I gathered an image from an internet source and I saved it to my memory stick. I then had to flip the image by going to edit, clicking the 'free transform' tab and then clicking 'flip horizontal' to flip the image the way I wanted it.

There was a problem that I noticed which was the writing on the gun was backwards. So I needed to edit that out. I used 'eyedropper tool' and I selected the colour of grey around the writing, before painting over the writing. I then tried to blend the colour into the original colour of the gun so that it'd suit.










Next was the credit bar. I gathered the credit bar from an internet source given by college, I then took my credit bar to photoshop, using colour range to edit the white out of the background of the credit bar. I next edited my name and my models names into the credit bar, also changing the producer to myself. I finally changed the colour of the writing in the credit bar from black to white.
The reason I changed the colour of the writing on my credit bar was because the place I wanted to place it was dark, so I changed the writing on the credit bar from a different colour, I think that it turned out better.
After this I went back to my internet sources and gathered a BBFC age rating sign. I picked 15 because I gave the film the same rating as the traditional Romeo and Juliet.
The last thing I needed to add to my poster was a watermark, this was to show what company produced it. I gathered my image from an internet source and I used colour range on photoshop to get the white background off.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment